Zombie Villagers are hostile mobs added to Minecraft in Update 1.4.2. have similar behavior to the regular Zombie. They spawn naturally as 5% of all Zombies. Zombie Villagers have a Zombie's skin and a Villager's head. They occur when Zombies lay siege to a village and kill Villagers. If a baby villager is killed, it becomes a Baby Zombie Villager. Like Zombies, Zombie Villagers may spawn with an item equipped. This is also true with Baby Zombie Villagers.
- When a Zombie kills a Villager in Hard or Normal difficulty (100% chance and 50% chance respectively)
- At light levels of 7 and below
To cure a zombie villager, the Player must find one and approach it. Prepare a splash potion of weakness and a golden apple before you. Throw the potion at them to weaken them so you can get near, then feed them a golden apple (not an enchanted golden apple) and they will no longer be zombie villagers.
Note- The duration and/or strength of the splash potion of weakness does not matter.
- The most common tool for a Zombie Villager to have equipped is an Iron Shovel.
- When using the zombie spawn egg, there is a 5% chance that a Zombie Villager will spawn.
- Zombie villagers have their own sounds, added in 1.11.
|Hostile||Wither Skeleton • Skeleton • Silverfish • Witch • Spider Jockey • Ghast • Magma Cube • Chicken Jockey • Zombie Villager • Endermite • Blaze • Slime • Creeper • Cave Spider • Zombie|
|Neutral||Spider Jockey • Chicken Jockey • Enderman • Spider • Wolf • Iron Golem • Zombie Pigman|
|Friendly||Squid • Ocelot • Chicken • Villager • Bat • Cow • Mooshroom • Horse • Pig • Snow Golem • Pig • Sheep|
|Unimplemented||Fish (Mob) • Friendly Wither • Redstone Bug • Giant • Human • Rana|
|Boss||Wither • Ender Dragon|