Ocelots are a passive mob in Minecraft. They have a spawn egg and otherwise spawn only in Jungle Biomes. Ocelots, upon seeing the player move too quickly, will run off. With Raw Fish, Raw Salmon, Clownfish or Pufferfish, they can be tamed into Cats. Ocelots will also attack and kill any Chickens in the area.
To tame an Ocelot into a cat, you must prepare raw fish and find a 7x7 area. Let the Ocelot come to you. Continue holding the fish and don't move a bit. Staying still attracts the Ocelot. Once it's near you it's safe. You must have at least 20 fish with you. Right Click the Ocelot with the fish at hand, until it turns. Your new pet (The Cat) will have a random coat: Siamese, Orange tabby or a Tuxedo.
Where they live naturally
- Ocelots are the second-fastest mob in the game after the Wither.
- Ocelots are detected as neutral mobs, but Ocelot spawn eggs still work in Peaceful mode. However, normal ocelot spawning is cancelled in Peaceful.
- Using an Ocelot spawn egg on an already-tamed cat spawns a kitten.
- Despite being only one-third larger than Cats in-game, Ocelots are about twice the size of housecats in real life.
- Sometimes, when spawned with a Spawn Egg, 1-2 ocelot kittens spawn with the adult.
- Ocelots (when tamed) have 3 different skins: Siamese, Tuxedo, and Tabby.
- Creepers run away from ocelots so an ocelot as your pet is very useful.
- There are four other tamable mobs, which are Wolves, Parrots, Horses, and Llamas.
|Hostile||Wither Skeleton • Skeleton • Silverfish • Witch • Spider Jockey • Ghast • Magma Cube • Chicken Jockey • Zombie Villager • Endermite • Blaze • Slime • Creeper • Cave Spider • Zombie|
|Neutral||Spider Jockey • Chicken Jockey • Enderman • Spider • Wolf • Llama • Iron Golem • Zombie Pigman|
|Friendly||Fish (Mob) • Squid • Ocelot • Chicken • Villager • Bat • Cow • Mooshroom • Horse • Pig • Snow Golem • Pig • Sheep|
|Unimplemented||Friendly Wither • Redstone Bug • Giant • Human • Rana|
|Boss||Wither • Ender Dragon|