Diamonds are a well-known symbol of Minecraft. They are a turquoise gem obtained from Diamond Ore. Diamond Ore is the second rarest ore (after ancient debris) in the game (Emerald Ore only occurs in Extreme Hills Biomes, but is more prevalent there than Diamonds) and can be found in veins of 1-7 blocks.
How to obtain
- Mine Diamond Ore with an Iron Pickaxe or diamond pickaxe as gold,wood or cobble wont work as its too weak!
- Village chests
- Desert Temple chests
- Jungle Temple chests
- 9 Diamonds => 1 Block of Diamond
- 1 Block of Diamond => 9 Diamonds
Diamonds are mainly used to create the strongest type of tools and armor in the game. They can also be used to create Blocks of Diamond.
- The purest Diamonds in real life are clear, with other colors. Diamonds in Minecraft are have a blue-green hue.
- In the texture files, Diamonds are named "Emerald." crafting:
A3: Diamond Pickaxe; Golden Pickaxe
|Base||Blaze Rod • Charcoal • Clay (Item) • Coal • Cocoa Bean • Diamond • Egg • Emerald • Flint • Glowstone Dust • Gold Nugget • Gunpowder • Ink Sac • Lapis Lazuli • Leather • Nether Quartz • Nether Star • Prismarine Crystal • Prismarine Shard • Rabbit's Foot • Rabbit Hide • Seeds • String • Sugar Cane|
|Crafted||Bone Meal • Book • Bowl • Brick (Item) • Charcoal • Dye • Gold Ingot • Nether Brick (Item) • Stick • Sugar • Wheat|