|Attitude to player||Passive|
|Spawn||The Overworld on Grass Blocks|
|First Appearance||Alpha 1.0.14|
Chickens are a passive mob in Minecraft. They drop raw chicken and feathers when killed. Chickens can spawn from thrown eggs or Chicken Spawn Egg. They are very common, especially in Swamp Biomes. When walking, they may drop Eggs. Chickens can be bred using any type of Seeds.
- Due to Chickens spawning from Eggs, /summon, naturally and Spawn Eggs, they and Cows are the only mobs in Minecraft to be spawned four different ways aside from breeding.
- Nether Wart apparently counts as a seed. Although Chickens will not chase a player with it in their hand, it can make them breed.
Where they live naturally
- In the Overworld on Grass Blocks.
- Feathers (0-2)
- Raw Chicken (without the use of Fire)
- Cooked Chicken (with the use of Fire)
- Eggs (Drops every 5-10 minutes; will not drop if killed)
|Hostile||Wither Skeleton • Skeleton • Silverfish • Witch • Spider Jockey • Ghast • Magma Cube • Chicken Jockey • Zombie Villager • Endermite • Blaze • Slime • Creeper • Cave Spider • Zombie|
|Neutral||Spider Jockey • Chicken Jockey • Enderman • Spider • Wolf • Llama • Iron Golem • Zombie Pigman|
|Friendly||Fish (Mob) • Squid • Ocelot • Chicken • Villager • Bat • Cow • Mooshroom • Horse • Pig • Snow Golem • Pig • Sheep|
|Unimplemented||Friendly Wither • Redstone Bug • Giant • Human • Rana|
|Boss||Wither • Ender Dragon|